Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Icing and Design, Take 2

Friday night I was determined to get better at icing and decorating my sugar cookies.

Round two worked out in my favor, thank goodness!

We were invited to a UK Final Four party on Saturday night so I wanted to bring some sweet treats. This was the perfect excuse for me to get to baking. I began at 9PM...by 4 AM, the cookies were decorated and my kitchen was clean. Wow - it took forever! I know that the more I do it, the easier it will be and the more efficient I will become. I'm excited about my newest hobby.

I decided to make basketballs and decorate them UK style.

They were a big hit at the party so that made me feel good. All my hard work paid off!

My Mom wasn't thrilled about the taste of Royal Icing because it is much different than butter-cream. When she frosts her cookies, she uses cake frosting so the taste is much different. I think it would be rather difficult to decorate with butter-cream, but my next project will be to tackle cupcakes with butter-cream icing.

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment